Products & Services
Home Sweet Accessible Home is a full service remodeling company specializing in products and services that allow homeowners to stay in their current home for years to come. We are Certified Aging in Place Specialists, (CAPS) as designated by the National Association of Home Builders. We design and build beautiful living environments that are safer, more comfortable, and increase the likelihood of remaining independent for Aging-in-Place.
Our projects vary from installing grab bars and upgrading lighting, to full bathroom and kitchen remodeling, to complete home renovations and Mother-In-Law suite additions. We also provide yearly contract maintenance services at reduced labor rates to those who want to have peace of mind about the ongoing and necessary upkeep to their homes. To have your questions answered, contact Home Sweet Accessible Home at 904-342-6844 today and schedule your free in-home consultation.
To give you ideas on how to make your home safer and more comfortable, the following list represents some of the products and services that Home Sweet Accessible Home can install or build to help you get past any barrier inside or outside your home.
- Ramps of all types - Modular ramps for temporary use, fixed permanent ramps, door clearing ramps (called threshold ramps) and portable access ramps
- Access ramps can also be rented for short periods of time for those temporary injuries.
- We offer several models of walk-in tubs in various sizes designed to fit in a standard bath tub location
- Walk-In tubs can replace your standard bath tub or shower and come with everything you need for a safe, therapeutic bathing
- Options for air and/or water hydrotherapy with heater
- Both ADA-compliant and barrier-free showers
- Large variety of shower sizes and design options
- High quality fiberglass units made in the USA - can be installed in as little as 1 day
- Shower seats - all shapes and sizes available that can be mounted or portable in different finishes such as wood, aluminum, stainless steel, solid surface, etc. and adjustable to fit more than one person
- Toilets - ADA-height toilets, automatic flushing devices as well as a large selection of seating options
- Anti-scald devices, automatic (motion-sensor) faucets
- Easy access cabinet design services that allow you to view your new accessible kitchen before work starts
- Universal Design techniques such as; higher toe-kicks, lower wall cabinet heights, lower counter tops, sink and counter lifts for accessibility, raised oven, raised dishwasher or dish washer drawers
- Upgrade lighting - add recessed ceiling lighting as well as under-cabinet task lighting to aid in visibility
- Roll out shelving in base cabinetry - this allows much easier access to items inside your cabinetry and access trays can be added to existing cabinetry
- Garbage disposal and other controls within easy reach from front of the cabinets.
- All types - straight grab bars, angled grab bars as well as various lengths and finishes available
- Custom painted grab bar finishes available
- Super Pole - a vertical support bar that expands to fit between the floor and ceiling and is typically used in areas where a grab bar is needed but no walls exist (such as a bedside or near a toilet)
- Home Sweet Accessible Home uses special anchoring techniques that allow maximum flexibility in where the grab bars are mounted
- Stair Lifts - are a great product to help someone get to the second floor bedroom area and usually install in one day.
- Cabinet and Appliance Lifts - help get the work surface to wheelchair accessible height allowing wheelchair users to enjoy the kitchen again.
- Elevators - only require a small area and make getting to the next floor a breeze.
- Pool and Spa Lifts - these lifts are built for outdoor use and run on battery power for ease of use and quick installation.
- Ceiling Lifts - help transport someone from a bed to bath or to a wheelchair.
- Widen doors or hallways
Special hinges to allow wider opening
- Hardware changes from knobs to handles
- Installation of pocket doors
- Automatic door openers
- Yearly contract maintenance services
- Replace flooring for safer maneuvering and softer, glare-free surfaces
- Exterior painting and pressure washing
- Landscape work to include - low or no maintenance landscapes and synthetic lawns
- Pathway lighting and concrete walk paths
Our employees and trade partners have many years of experience and are specifically trained and familiar with the challenging requirements of working in occupied homes. We understand the unique and often sensitive nature of the situations we work in. Our expertise in working with those with special needs, as well as our large variety of safety and mobility products, allow Home Sweet Accessible Home to meet your needs and requests. Call us today at 904-342-6844.